Wednesday 20 February 2013

Tempted. . .


This is just too cool.  From Trailing Clouds comes this striped sock yarn, aptly named Mind the Gap which includes all the colours of the different tube lines in the London Underground map. This might be the yarn that finally gets me knitting socks. . .

And a new e-book from Piecework Magazine features American scarf patterns from 1918.   Check some of these out. I particularly love "Zella", the one on the far left.  Very glamourous.   More info here.

 
 
One bit of temptation that I have succumbed to is a Rowan Magazine subscription. I've bought a few back issues and they are so beautifully and lavishly produced with lovely paper, interesting articles and photography, often showcasing models looking gorgeous against a rugged British countryside. Yes, I want to wear those clothes and strike a similar pose. And then there are the patterns. Yes, some are completely outlandish and others are way beyond my skill level, but I have done one Rowan pattern successfully and the sizing fit me perfectly, so I have faith and trust.  Really it's all about the ultimate in wish fullfillment fantasy knitting and I'm sold.  Plus you get a gift with a subscription; I chose three balls of Rowan DK wool.  I'd love to say that I'm going to commit to knitting at least one article from each magazine. . . . we'll see.

No comments: