Monday 11 June 2012

What To Do In A Heatwave. . . Knit of Course!

One of the things I won't miss about Toronto is the summer heat and the accompanying humidity and smog.  Fortunately I'm camping out at my Mum's this month before heading to England and she has air conditioning.  We've been watching lots of Blue Jay games on TV and I've been trying to finish up a few more knitting projects.  Currently on the needles is this baby blanket that I'm knitting for my boyfriend's brother and wife who are expecting in October. I've adapted a snowflake eyelet pattern from Barbara Walker's Second Treasury of Knitting Patterns (my go to book for inspiration), adding a seed stitch border and using Cascade 220 Superwash wool.  It's knitting up quite quickly.  I plan to add an I-cord border in a bright colour to punch it up a bit.



And I finished my second Color Affection shawl/scarf using Diamond Luxury Alpaca Lace.  It's very, very soft and cozy. Already working on a third (yes, it truly is that addictive a pattern - put any three skeins in close proximity to each other and you immediately start casting on another).


No comments: