Wednesday 25 January 2012

WIP Wednesdays. . .

I got two quite large skeins of New Zealand mohair for xmas and have been wondering what to do with them.  There wasn't quite enough for a sweater and I'm not sure I want that much fluffiness/fuzziness in a knitted garment.  I decided it would be lovely for a really big shawl especially if I stripe it with other wool. Off to swatch.


I'm going with the one on the left  - it's a ruching/ribbon stitch from Barbara G. Walker's stitch dictionary, A Treasury of Knitting Patterns Volume One (which is so drool worthy - I'm going to have to acquire all of her volumes).


This is going to be a BIG shawl - there are 600 stitches in the ribbon part - but I think it's going to be lovely and warm.  It's also using up a fair bit of my stash.  And, I have a colour scheme and an idea that, if it all works (and that's a big IF), will have an inspirational tie to Virginia Woolf.  We'll see.  At the moment, it's a big, furry snake.

No comments: