Tuesday 1 October 2013

Yarndale Goodies. . .

I had a specific budget for Yarndale and of course I didn't keep to it.  Darn it all, too many booths took cards so once the cash ran out, so did my self-control.  Limiting my purchases to all-British narrowed the field somewhat, although with so many great indie dyers using British fibres, I was completely spoiled for choice.  Two of my must visit booths were Baa Ram Ewe so I could get my Titus fix (2 skeins of their deep Eccup colourway) and John Arbon Textiles where I picked up five skeins of their Exmoor Sock Yarn in Smoke (the photo makes it look brown but it's a really lovely softe purple-gray) that I hope will become a lightweight cardigan or sweater someday.  It's 85% Exmoor Blueface with 15% nylon. 


Another favourite at these shows is Jillybean Yarns and I am in love with this gorgeous hand painted skein made up of mixed local British fleeces. 


And then I met these cuties.  And stroked them. And stroked their yarn. And fell in love. 




I love the name of the company too - Bigwigs Angora - clearly another Watership Down kindred spirit.

I also picked up some patterns and was lucky enough to find an older Rowan magazine that I didn't have.   The "Tess" slippers by Ann Kingstone are named after Hardy's heroine.  I'm always a sucker for any pattern inspired by literature.



So more than enough to keep me going until the next show.  Hmmmm - maybe Edinburgh in March?


No comments: