Wednesday 2 October 2013

Monthly Planner: October. . .


October is going to be a slow-down month.  I don't have tons planned and for once, that's okay with me - I want to ease gently into the colder, darker weeks that are coming and enjoy the light and any mild days that we have.  I'm also scheduled for quite a few extra shifts at work so any free time is going to be precious.

Reading: I've counted and inexplicably, I'm currently in the middle of no less than seven books!  No more new ones until at least half of these are completed.

Knitting:  I'm completely on track with my mystery knit-a-long shawl.  One clue to go which arrives this Friday so unless it's a big one, I should have the shawl finished next week.  I've thoroughly enjoyed knitting this and I think it's going to be really spectacular.  Can't wait to have it off the needles and around my neck. I'm also fairly close to finishing my Eyre shawl - I made it extra big - and when that's done, I'm concentrating on jumpers and/or cardigans for the rest of the year.  Oh and maybe some mittens.   Time to get ready for winter.

Daytripping:  The Liverpud and I have at least one hiking day planned in the Lakes this month, but no other trips.  And I will still be out and about making time for some cultural fun in the city. I have tickets to what promises to be a really interesting theatrical adaptation of Mikhail Bulgakov's Master and Margarita at the Unity Theatre. 



And coming this month to FACT is a movie that I can't wait to see. Le Week-End, starring Jim Broadbent and Lindsay Duncan, has been billed as Midnight in Paris meets Before Midnight with an homage to Godard's Band of Outsiders. Yes please!  Check out the trailer here.



Small and simple pleasures.  A little bit of cocooning. Taking time to breathe and enjoy the things around me - that's my month ahead. 



2 comments:

Louise said...

Seven books! Is that voracious reading or, like I do, dipping a toe in them all?

Blithe Spirit said...

Hee hee - it's a bad case of literary start-itis. I get excited about some new book and start reading a chapter then put is aside for the next one out of the library or something that catches my eye on my shelf. I have one in my locker for work breaks, two in various bags, one on the bedside table, one non-fiction, a classic, etc. But since writing the post, I DID finish one novel so I'm down to six. . .