Thursday 19 January 2012

Work In Progress Wednesdays. . .

Lots of knitting bloggers are starting WIP Wednesdays, so to keep me on track with all of my many, many projects, I'm determined to post some progress every week.  I'm half-way through the second sleeve of my first ever sweater.  Front and back have been blocked and I hope to have the sleeves blocked and dry by the weekend so I can then attempt to seam this baby up.  Then I'm supposed to pick up a number of stitches at the top edge to knit a ribbed collar.  I'm debating whether to do it in a contrasting colour just for fun.  But first I need to seam and see if it fits.

I had an appointment in Kitchener earlier this week and took the opportunity to stop by Shall We Knit? for the very first time.  What a beautiful yarn shop. It's located in a lovely house and has a wonderful selection of yarns, notions and lots of knitting books and patterns.  My mum has just bought herself a new winter coat in a deep shade of purple (really quite a daring colour for her - I'm quite proud) and when I saw this skein of hand painted Misti Alpaca Super Chunky named The Magic Flute, I just knew it would be perfect for a small, but cozy cowl to match the coat.  I'm casting on for that tonight.

No comments: