Tuesday 31 January 2012

Ta Da . . .


A milestone in my admittedly short knitting career,  but I can't help feeling a bit chuffed.  This is my first ever sweater - and it FITS!  Okay, in a perfect world, it would be an inch or so longer on the front and the back, but the fit widthwise and under the arms is great so I'm just going to leave it as is.  The pattern is a Rowan one by Martin Storey called Dusk.   I used one and half skeins of Lion Brand Fisherman's Wool that I got very cheaply in the sale bins at Romni.  The skeins are huge - 425 meters each - and so I knew I wouldn't run out of yarn at a crucial moment.  It's very warm.  And now that I've conquered my fear of mattress stitch (who knew it could be so much fun?) I now have the confidence to try something more challenging.   Oooh, it just feels so good to get this project finished.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work!