So I did something I've NEVER done with anything woolly. I gave it a good spray with water and threw it in the dryer, albeit on a wool setting. And prayed. I figured I had nothing to lose - if the shrinking meant I lost all the cable and moss stitch definition, at least I'd still have a sweater I could actually wear. Here's the result.
These photos were shot on the top of Arthur's Seat in Edinburgh which we climbed the day before the Edinburgh Yarn Festival. We also knitted on the top even though it got a bit chilly. This wool is really warm and cozy though. I've learned a lot from this project and it's definitely been one of the most challenging knits I've tackled. And now I'm completely obsessed by cables!