Monday 9 March 2015

More on the Needles. . .

My FO Februrary didn't come off so well as I only finished one project.  However, I spent a good portion knitting, frogging and then knitting again on my Byatt so it was still time well spent.  And of course how could I resist casting on new projects?



I'm nearly half way through Philomena by Marie Wallin, from the latest Rowan Mag 57.  The grey is Rowan Pima Cotton which is a fantastic cotton to knit with - it's so beautiful in stockinette.  I love how the blue Kid Silk Haze looks against it.  However, I'm still committed to using up my stash and I only had one ball of the blue.  So I've decided add another colour for the stripes. . . 


Is the orange too much?  I'm hoping it'll be a fun summer top when it's completed.  I have to say I LOVE the KSH.  This is my first project knitting with it and I can see why so many people are addicted; it's so incredibly soft.

I do love the orange however in this Latvian sock kit that I cast on with the same two friends I did the Latvian mittens with.  All the colour work is in the cuff and the rest of the sock is just the oatmeal colour.  Since I've never knitted a sock before, I'm rather relieved that I'll only have to deal with one colour for the rest of the construction.  But aren't these colours fun?  Mexico meets Sweden.


And then surprise, surprise, I've actually knitted a swatch.


This will hopefully become a Beatnik, by Norah Gaughan.  Because who doesn't need a woolly cable challenge just as the weather is getting warmer? 

No comments: