Sunday 15 December 2013

In the Nick of Time. . .

The Christmas cardi for my Mum is wrapped and packed into the carry-on and I managed to finish it well under 24 hours before my plane leaves! 


It turned out quite well.  I really like the lace pattern on the top.  The pattern is Peasy by Heidi Kirrmaier and I used nearly ten balls of Debbie Bliss Prima 80% bamboo/ 20%merino.  I have to say that while it has great stitch definition, I probably won't use this yarn again; it had an awful lot of knots in it, including one 50g ball that had three! It was very frustrating to try and hide them all.  This was my first top-down raglan sweater so I'm pleased to have conquered another knitting techinque.  I definitely want to do more.



I can't wait to get home and see family, friends and the city again. This will be my first trip back to Toronto since I moved to the U.K. and I'm expecting it to be a little surreal.  I've also become a bit of a weather wimp and am not looking forward to the minus weather and windchill.  I AM looking forward to going on a yarn crawl though - Toronto has some terrific indie yarn stores and I'll be visiting them all! Now, can I just get my knitting needles through security. . .

2 comments:

Dayana Knits said...

It looks wonderful, the shine of the yarn can't be beat. Boooo for the knots! May you find another bamboo blend as lovely without the PITA. ;)

Blithe Spirit said...

Thanks - Mum loved the cardigan and it fit her perfectly.