Thursday 2 July 2015

Hey, I Can Now Crochet. . .

For the past few months, I've been participating in Rowan's crochet-a-long, designed by Lisa Richardson. and happily tackling each of the seven motifs as they came along. 


I was originally going for the cushion option, but when I laid them all out, I just fell in love with the colours and the wool (Jillybean Shetland for the variegated, Blacker's Shetland and Classic 4ply for the solids) and wanted to wear them around me.  And so, in the middle of a heatwave, I've finally seamed, edged and blocked my new winter scarf. 


In the end I chose the best 24 hexes (out of  28) and just seamed them in two rows of 12 as that made more than a long enough scarf. I then did the trebles edging which ties it all together.  Oooh, it is very warm and cozy but I'll be putting it away now until the winter.


This CAL has boosted my crochet confidence enormously and I'm very proud of having been able to follow all the instructions. Some of these motifs are so pretty I'm sure I'll be using them in future projects.

No comments: