Friday 21 March 2014

Crocheted and Knitted Cushion. . .

It was a really good idea to dedicate this month to finishing up works in progress. I've dug out several projects that have been languishing and it's made me feel so productive.  I may do this for every month with 31 days although with April around the corner, I am itching to cast on something new.  Here's my latest project - a doublesided cushion.  On this side, I used up a skein of WYS Blue-Faced Leicester and the same crochet stitch that I recently used for my cowl (in fact this was the practice piece and when the skein was used up, I had a complete square, perfect for a cushion).  I really like all the natural colours in the wool.

 
 
For the back, I rummaged around my stash and found two skeins of Erika Knight Fun Wool that I'd bought ages ago on a whim. At the time, I had absolutely no idea what to make with it, but I was chuffed to find some novelty yarn that was mostly, (in this case 97%),  made up of wool instead of the acrylic.  The colour was a perfect match and I just roughly estimated the size, used 10mm needles and plain garter stitch and started knitting away. I added a button hole to one piece and found a great use for this gigantic wooden button that I got free with a magazine.  I'm really pleased with the squishy, shaggy result.  Two cushions in one and another WIP off the needles!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A delightful pillow! The fluffy novelty wool is particularly enviable, and the button is the perfect touch.
-- stashdragon

Blithe Spirit said...

Thanks so much - it was a lot of fun to knit that fluffy wool and it went very quickly too!

life ldc said...

What a squishy comfy pillow! Keep going with the unfinished orojects......