Tuesday 5 March 2013

Obsessing About. . .

Capes!

I really want to knit a cape. They are coziness personified, perfect for transitional weather, for keeping my shoulders warm while reading in bed and for hopefully giving me Super Knitting powers.  Look at these lovelies, starting with the Solfar designed by Stephen West.


 And I love the collar on this elegant Careen Capelet, designed by Louise Zass-Bangham.


But just as I was fantasizing about capes, who should come out with the most gorgeous design of all?  None other than the amazing Kate Davies.  Check this out (and see more stunning photos on her blog here.) It's probably not the project I should be tackling for my first ever attempt at fair isle, but it is just so gorgeous, I may just dive in. At any rate, I'm definitely purchasing the pattern.


No comments: