Tuesday 19 February 2013

Food, Glorious Food. . .

I'm obsessed with a cooking site called Food 52 that I've only just discovered, which has a TON of wonderful recipes all showcased with fantastic photography and pulled from a multitude of blogs, sites and contributors.  Check it out here. They are also hosting The Piglet Tournament of Cookbooks, inspired by and using the format of the Tournament of Books that I follow each year (that'll be starting in March - details and the list of this year's battling books here.)  Judges for the Piglet include foodies from magazines and also Stanley Tucci!  Lots of fun and a great way to check out new cookbooks.

In the meantime to beat the winter blues, I'm craving all things lemony.  Type "lemon" into the search engine at Food 52 and you'll get, well, a list to keep you happily occupied for months. Snow peas with lemon-chili breadcrumbs, grilled lemon and herb flatbread, a leek and lemon quiche and of course the perfect lemon tart are all going onto the must-try list.  In the meantime, I'm quite chuffed with my first ever attempt at lemon meringue pie. It came out a wee bit tart and the meringue wasn't quite as thick as I'd like it, but it was still quite tasty and much easier to make than I'd anticipated.


No comments: