Thursday 5 April 2012

WIP Wednesdays . . .

I decided to get a head start on my tax return, filed online and to my delight, my return was in my bank account in five days!  It really pays to get it done early. Since I always consider any return a lovely little bonus, I had to celebrate, which of course meant heading to the yarn store.  I indulged in a little hand dyed merino luxury:


And a little summer whimsy in cotton and silk:


And I've been yearning to knit the Color Affection Shawl that is taking Ravelry by storm.  I knew exactly what colours I wanted - cream, yellow and grey - but the only fingering yarn I could find in the exact shades I wanted was in 100% hemp.  I was a bit dubious, but the staff told me it would definitely soften when washed, so I've cast on.  It's a bit rough to knit with, but I do like working with it better than cotton and I think it will make a lovely summer shawl.  Addictive knitting for sure.


No comments: