Wednesday 28 March 2012

Scrumptious Goodies from the U.K. . .



Oh, yummy, yummy yarn.  I had heard a lot about Fyberspates'  Scrumptious from U.K. bloggers and podcasters, so I had to check it out while I was in England.  This stuff is absolutely wonderful to touch and the colours are just gorgeous.  I bought of skein of Scrumptious Lace in "Water" and several skeins of the Scrumptious DK/Worsted in "Magenta" (the above photo doesn't show how deep the colour really is). They are all made up of 45% silk and 55% merino so there's softness and sheen and I'm really excited to knit with them.



I also picked up the Scrumptious Collection pattern book which has twenty really lovely patterns. It's rare when I want to knit almost everything in a pattern book.  I think I'll be knitting a Wytham with the magenta and a lace shawl with the water.

The greenish olive wool on the right is for Kate Davies' Deco sweater - something I've long wanted to knit and since I was in the UK, I thought I'd go for the exact same wool that she used.  It's a pure organic wool from Blacker Yarns in Cornwall and it's sturdy but soft with excellent stitch definition.  I love working with it. Not too far into the pattern, but it's coming along nicely.

And while browsing the shelves in a supermarket, I excitedly came across this:


Sorry the photo is blurry but it's EXTRA STRONG MARMITE!  Of course I had to buy a jar.  To be honest, I can't really tell the difference, but then I've always spread it on rather thick.

No comments: