Saturday 3 January 2015

And I'm off. . .

Right - this is a picture of some of my wips and stash.  I'm hoping at the end of the year to put a nice pile of twelve sweaters and tops on my bed and photograph that instead.  I'm feeling really motivated. One of my wips just needs seaming.  Another just needs some sleeves and a collar. A third is progressing nicely on the back. A fourth again, just needs sleeves.


But did I start on any of those?  Oh no - new year, new cast-on.  And to ease myself into this 12 sweaters in 12 months project, I'm beginning with an easy knit in super chunky wool.


The pattern is Tender by Marie Wallin and I'm using Rowan Big Wool.  Ever since I saw the colourway Jamboree, I've been dying to knit a garment with it, so when I saw some on sale (at the end of 2014 - I haven't broken my yarn diet yet), I pounced,  and I really love how soft it is and how vibrant the colours are. It's like knitting confetti and it is knitting up really quickly.  I've decided to do the rib in black in order to extend the length. I'm taking it easy today - listening to podcasts with a cup of tea and my knitting, so who knows, I could wrap this baby up in just a few days!

No comments: