Saturday 22 February 2014

Bloomin' Marvellous. . .

One of the things I love most about living in the U.K. is that spring comes early (most Brits would disagree but they're not used to snow coming as late as April).  It really feels like spring is just around the corner here.  The camellia bush is just about to burst into all its full glory.


My daffodils will be out any day now.


And these hyacinths on my kitchen window ledge are also just about to bloom.  I love the smell of them.  And it's still only February!


3 comments:

life ldc said...

This seriously depresses me :). I am sure you are missing the February winters in Ontario...right? We have tons of snow...and this is when things start melting and freezing, tons of salt and sand have been spread and its all coming to the surface.....yuck.....and amazingly, we too will soon see the first glimpse of something growing in the garden..a crocus or two....and know that Spring really is going to come.

Right now though, I am seriously over this winter.

Blithe Spirit said...

When I went back to Toronto for Christmas, I really enjoyed the crisp, dry air. Then the ice storm hit. And I got out just in time before the polar vortex so, no, give me moderate over extreme any time! I really do feel for everyone back home - you must all think winter is NEVER going to end.

Dayana Knits said...

Ughhhhh, I can't handle it! WHAT ARE FLOWERS??