Sunday 19 February 2012

Sweet Knitting Dreams. . .

I was in Ottawa for two days last week and stayed at the Hotel Indigo.  It's my usual choice because it's in a good downtown location and because you can request one of these rooms:



Yes, that is a huge blown-up photo of a cabled sweater behind the beds.  When I first stayed here a few years ago, I confess I did worry I'd have nightmares of being smothered by a wool sweater.  But since I've taken up knitting again in a big way, I find it very comforting.  And it's the best of the room designs.  I don't mind the wildflowers but I've been in ones with huge bamboo or cornfield murals and they are a bit creepy.

Finished my Ilkley Shawl this weekend and am very happy with it. It's a gift and it's good to get it out of the way in plenty of time.  Hoping also to finish up a cardigan for me but it's at a tricky spot so I'm proceeding cautiously.


No comments: