Saturday 11 January 2014

Liverpool for 2014!


Rough Guides has placed Liverpool third on its list of top ten cities to visit in 2014 which is very exciting for the city.  I have to say that before I met the Liverpud and despite the numerous times I'd travelled in the U.K., Liverpool had never been on my radar. I thought it was just the place the Beatles came from and there wasn't much more to it than that.  But to be honest, if I compare it with Toronto in terms of things to do with visitors, Liverpool comes out way tops in spite of its much smaller size.  Not to mention the easy access to so many other lovely places nearby.

The architecture is stunning, the museums, art galleries, central library, cathedrals are beautiful and there's great shopping and restaurants. Plus there's always something happening in the city including the  just announced return of the giant puppets and their street theatre, to commemorate the beginning of WWI.  I missed them the last time when they focused on a Titanic story and can't wait to see them this July. Ever since moving here, I've felt the city really is on cusp of becoming something big. It's exciting to watch it all unfold.

No comments: