Wednesday 7 March 2012

WIP Wednesdays: Malabrigo Blues Shawl. . .



Finished my Stacy Shawl over the weekend and despite a few mistakes (yarnovers mysteriously appearing where they should not - how did THAT happen?) I'm really happy with it.  This Malabrigo Rios worsted yarn is gorgeous.  I'm always a bit worried about variegated and how it will knit up, but these colours blend very nicely and form a nice pattern.  I'll probably be wearing this shawl more as a scarf because it feels so lovely and soft against a bare neck.  I'd highly recommend the pattern for a beginner in lace - despite my inattention and its attendant mistakes, it is an easy pattern to follow.  You can find it in the book Wendy Knits Lace by Wendy D. Johnson.  On to a slightly more complicated shawl next.  I'll be using another very soft wool - Misti Alpaca's Hand Painted Worsted.  The colours in this are fantastic - a blend of mauves, greys, bit of dusty rose, brown, and some greens too.


I'll be attempting a new pattern by queen of the shawl designers,  Romi Hill,  called Calliope's Odyssey which you can see here.  I'll be using the Misti Alpaca as the main colour and will pull out one of the colours (not sure yet which one) for the contrast colour.

No comments: